As a Fleet Manager, you are given considerable responsibility and authority to make decisions that directly impact the success of the branch. You will demonstrate good judgment, honesty and integrity everyday while overseeing your team and working with vendors.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversee and monitor subordinates as well as vendors to ensure that the fleet is maintained in accordance with established standards, within acceptable timeframes and in a cost-efficient manner.
- Ensure that policies and best practices are properly followed.
- Oversee all in-fleeting activities including timely new vehicle acceptance, PDI, installation of tags and other proprietary items making vehicle ready to rent.
- Oversee all de-fleeting activities including timely inspection, reconditioning, plate removal, and movement of program and sale vehicles to marshalling centers or auctions.
- Oversee all estimate writing, quality checks for repair work performed, turnback inspections at marshalling centers.
- Planning, directing, and monitoring preventive maintenance, body repair, warranty and other repair work for all company rental vehicles and customer service buses.
- Vendor selection and continuous evaluation (for body shops, dealers and other maintenance-related vendors).
- Collaborate with Branch Operations Management to ensure maximum fleet availability and cohesion between Fleet and Operations.
- Keep Regional Fleet Manager apprised of relevant performance indicators on a regular basis
- Provide reports and create presentations as required.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Experience in fleet maintenance.
- ASE certification and/or bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of vehicle maintenance, collision repair, systems, components and design.
- Must possess excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence and make decisions by applying independent judgment.
- Competency in various computer applications systems including Microsoft Office.
- Likely to require at least 20% travel, some of which may be by airplane
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including day and/or evening hours.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Why Choose Sixt?
As a global mobility service provider, SIXT is well-known for over a century of innovative products and customer-orientated services. The company’s success and dynamic growth is based on their employees’ commitment. We champion an energized work culture, development opportunities and growth potential! In addition, we offer a competitive salary and employee benefits.
Your HR contact person
THE SIXT WORLD
Learn more about Sixt. Visit about.sixt.com.