DevOps / Platform Engineer (m/f/d)
What does it mean to work with us? SUCCESS: SIXT is an IT company with a very large car pool. Our inhouse development team is the driving force behind the SIXT software which enables and optimizes the daily work of more than 6,000 employees in over 100 countries. We shape the future of mobility through innovation by using modern technologies! SPEED: Flat hierarchies and short decision paths enable us to be extremely dynamic and always one step ahead. OWNERSHIP: You take over responsibility. You build it, you run it. TEAM: We are more than 15 nationalities committed to the SIXT DNA. Participate in the daily business context, join our regular team events and enjoy IT talks, common conferences and spontaneous beergarden get-togethers. We are coding the future of mobility! SIXT stands for success, agility, ownership and an intercultural team. Apply now and join our journey and become a part of the SIXT family.
Do what you love:
- You will contribute to the introduction of a new state-of-the-art Java platform and you will be responsible for setting up, configuring, optimizing, running and maintaining the required software components, tools and processes.
- As Java platform “owner” you will support the developers with your expertise and the required Dev and Ops bits entailed in your DevOps role.
- You will work as part of a new, dedicated and multi-national team of Java developers according to Agile and DevOps best practices and ensure close collaboration with other departments such as Ops/Infrastructure and DBA.
- Guided by your “automate all the things” instinct you will choose tools and processes to guarantee optimal Infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, application releases, containerization, monitoring and alerting solutions.
- You will design and implement scaling, standby, recovery and failover strategies to ensure availability and resiliency of a mission critical on-premise system.
Come as you are:
- You have a degree in computer science, similar technical field or equivalent practical experience and several years working experience with Linux based enterprise systems and you know how to identify and solve disruptions, how to guarantee smooth deployments and operating of the applications and how to keep a Java platform in a good shape with the latest security patches and updates.
- You have well-founded knowledge in the field of web servers, servlet containers, fat jars, load balancing, security, log management and infrastructure.
- DevOps is your main philosophy and you are looking forward to spreading this credo among the team.
- Your background as versed engineer includes practical experience with multiple of following technologies: Maven/Nexus, GIT, Tomcat/Jetty, CI/CD techniques, Jenkins, SonarQube, TeamScale, Jmanage, Grafana, Docker, Puppet, Vagrant, Nomad, scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python).
- You speak English fluently and show a high level of commitment and team spirit.
In addition to the obligatory table football, driving simulators, and ping-pong table, our two dedicated Feel Good Managers focus on the wellbeing of our SIXT Tech colleagues. Amongst other things they will support you with your relocation, finding accommodation, visa issues and help you to organize team events, Meetups, and Townhalls. Our offices have different sizes, you will definitely find something according to your preferences. We follow no dress code. As a member of the SIXT-Family, you get attractive car rental and leasing offers as well as access to our large employee benefit portal where you find attractive offers for traveling, shopping and more. During breakfast, lunch, and dinner our high-quality restaurant offers daily changing meat, fish and vegetarian dishes, as well as a salad bar and freshly-baked pizza. Our coffee lounge for meeting and relaxing is opened the whole day. COME AS YOU ARE and DO WHAT YOU LOVE: Join our 300 IT colleagues and apply now (in English or German preferred)!
Jouw HR Contactpersoon
THE SIXT WORLD
Voor meer informatie over Sixt, zie about.sixt.com.