Sixt is looking for a Director of Car Sales to help build our retails sales division in the US. This position will be responsible for establishing and implementing all aspects of a start-up automotive retail department. This person will lead selling our premium, high-end fleet and establishing a brand while creating a 5-star guest experience.
- Responsible for the strategic leadership and oversight of the company’s retail sales channels
- Oversee the growth of the company’s e-commerce and brick and mortar automotive retail division, inclusive of new sale platform development, new store openings, personnel selection, and the development and implementation of sales strategies and goals
- Set up the proper internal and external infrastructure for growth expansion
- Ensure effective inventory and pricing for potential business-to-consumer customers
- Purchase vehicles for the inventory from auction and off-lease returns, trade appraisals, etc
- Manage budgets for volume and PVR, and control expenses.
- Attend and lead meetings and conferences, to develop action plans to improve business performance
- Partner with entities to manage reconditioning of used car vehicles
- Work cross-functionally with the company’s rental fleet to ensure sales strategies are aligned with the company’s fleet disposal needs
- Create tools and processes for vehicle disposal, sale reporting, and business intelligence metrics to track progress against KPI’s
- Develop and execute new programs and venues for effective and efficient vehicle disposal
- Develop annual and long-term sales strategies and goals
- Provide senior management with weekly reports on the financial condition of the operation
- Oversee the monthly financial statement to ensure it is complete, accurate and submitted on time to the management team
- Significant Field Operations, Dealer/Franchisee Contact and Brand experience integral for successful alignment and implementation of core initiatives.
- Ability to forecast goals and objectives for sales, gross and key monthly and annual expenses.
- Understands and remains current on federal, state, and local regulations.
- Must understand inventory control.
- Track record of higher end volume sales.
- Excellent communication skills, business acumen, and the ability to collaborate with various automotive disciplines.
- Proficient in digital and modern retailing methods.
- Ambitious and maintain a growth mindset.
- 10+ years Automotive Retail Sales leadership; with a history of increased responsibilities and progressive career growth.
- Rental car industry experience and knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of multiple channel approaches to driving sales volume.
- Must be metric driven, analytical, and have knowledge of sales forecasting tools or approaches. Strong computer and Internet skills (multiple platforms).
About the department:
SIXT stands for premium quality not only in regards to vehicles, but also in sales. The Customer is the King. As one of the most innovative, fastest-growing and profitable mobility providers in the world, the customer is always the focus for SIXT. Our sales department, as the most important bridge to our customers, enables us to further expand our market leadership in Germany and to intensively support SIXT in its international expansion. Sales at SIXT stands for a dynamic working atmosphere, innovative products, and excellent service quality.
We are a leading global mobility service provider with sales of €3.07 billion and around 7,500 employees worldwide. Our mobility platform ONE combines our products SIXT rent (car rental), SIXT share (car sharing), SIXT ride (cab, driver and chauffeur services), SIXT+ (car subscription) and gives our customers access to our fleet of 270,894 vehicles, the services of 1,500 cooperation partners and around 1.5 million drivers worldwide. Together with our franchise partners, we are present in more than 110 countries at 2,098 rental stations. At SIXT, a first-class customer experience and outstanding customer service are our top priorities. We focus on true entrepreneurship and long-term stability and align our corporate strategy with foresight. Want to take off with us and revolutionize the world of mobility? Apply now!