The Head of the Liability Department will work in conjunction with the VP of Risk Management to spearhead the development of Sixt’s US Liability Department.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze Sixt’s exposure and loss in the US, insurance policies and claims handling
- Hire and Develop the new in house liability claims team to administer Sixt’s liability claims
- Provide technical claims leadership to staff through handling and supervision of all liability claims
- Leads, directs and has leadership accountability for claims staff. This includes developing performance objectives and performance metrics in place to both support and meet department goals
- Provide direction, leadership and training to in-house claims professionals
- Partners with business partners to develop strategic and operational plans aimed at mitigating liabilities in order to enable the business unit to meet both growth and profitability targets
- Establish, refine and evolve best-in-class claim management program operating characteristics, measurement criteria, and meaningful metrics benchmarking
- Provide advice and oversight into claim disposition strategies
- Analyze coverage, investigate facts, evaluate damages and negotiate settlements on complex self- insured auto liability claims for the in-house claims operation of Sixt rent a car, LLC
- Work closely with Sixt’s managers and counsel to design and implement the insurance set-up to move into the future and to ensure cost-effective and appropriate litigation management strategies are in place
- Drives continuous improvement through initiatives involving the employees, processes and technology
- Managing expenditures to budget / plan
- Supports the professional selection process to retain claims professionals that consistently demonstrate appropriate technical expertise, maturity and a professional commitment to excellence and customer service
- Ensures claims best practices are met in the support area for proper and consistent claims performance and achieving the appropriate financial outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to prioritize and effectively, manage multiple priorities
- Technical expertise, claims resolution skills and knowledge of insurance and claims principles, practices and procedures
- Ability to embrace change and value diverse ideas and opinions
- Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills required
- Dependable, cooperative and willing to assist others
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
Why Choose Sixt?
As a global mobility service provider, SIXT is well-known for over a century of innovative products and customer-orientated services. The company’s success and dynamic growth is based on their employees’ commitment. We champion an energized work culture, development opportunities and growth potential! In addition, we offer a competitive salary and employee benefits.
Paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and 401(k), Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Basic Life and Supplemental Life benefits and future growth opportunities within the company.
At Sixt, we pride ourselves on having an inclusive and unique environment. We are an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Men / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with Sixt Rent a Car, LLC and its subsidiaries. Offers of employment will be made by Sixt rent a Car, LLC or any of its subsidiaries or brands.