We are looking for a qualified IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks, and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Management of our IT and technical equipment including installation and maintenance of hardware and software in our headquarters and branches
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance and security in accordance with the company’s policies
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- First point of contact for the central IT department for the deployment of IT projects and innovations
- Management of supplier and service provider contracts (fixed and mobile telephony) and optimization of our costs
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering, or relevant field
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g., CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- Is structured and able to strictly follow established IT rules
- Enjoys working independently and can organize and manage his time
- Fluent in English (German would be an additional advantage)
- Has a driving license and enjoys driving
Why Choose SIXT:
Besides the fact that Sixt is of course one of the best employers to work for, we also give you a nice reward. Did we mention young and dynamic? And how about super challenging career opportunities within our family business? Oh yes, and don't forget the Thursday afternoon drinks, cool parties and the nice employee offers!
We offer you here: ► an annual contract with the intention of a permanent contract (32-38 hours per week) ▶ Fulltime monthly salary between 3.000,- and 4.000,- based on your experience ▶ Company car and fuel card ▶ 31 holidays based on a full time job (38 hours a week) ▶ 8% holiday pay ▶ Pension scheme ▶ Plenty of possibilities to grow within Sixt!