What you’ll do? – Perform as smoothly as our cars:
- Provide technical leadership to major initiatives. Review platform architecture/design and work with engineers to drive business value.
- Ensure great chemistry among product, engineering and business. Contribute to product and build the right synergies between business and engineering.
- Build and manage a high-performance team of engineers. Drive the team to achieve meet/exceed goals identified for the team.
- Guide and mentor the team members. Act as a coach and focus on growth plan for team members.
- Encourage and reward bottom-up innovation. Catalyze and create space for people to innovate.
- Have a crisp view on long term architecture and technology stack selection. Guide the team on technology decision making and day to day problem solving.
- Own end to end definition and execution of SDLC. Estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment.
- Own the team's output and deliverables in terms of timelines and quality.
- Work amidst flux, perform well in uncertainties in a rapidly evolving organization.
- Create culture of high ownership & responsiveness for production support.
What do you need to succeed? – Your willingness to accelerate
- Bachelor's/master’s Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline.
- 13+ years relevant work experience in software engineering and 3+ years managing medium to large sized teams of at least 15 or more members in past.
- Experience in working with microservices, container orchestration. Knowledge of RabbitMQ and Kafka will be a big plus.
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade distributed application using Java/J2EE.
- Experience in building high traffic backend services for external customer facing web applications.
- Comfortable with Agile development and Scrum process.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; ability to produce clear, concise communications and documentation.
- Highly effective at working in cross-functional and cross-geographical organizations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with diverse cultures.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and adapt to changes.
Why Choose Sixt?
Sixt is the company with legacy of more than a century offering healthy work environment, friendly work culture and continuous learning. The leadership here believes in team empowerment and challenging opportunities are offered to solve real world problems.
About the department:
Engineers take note: cutting edge technology is waiting for you! We don't buy, we primarily do it all ourselves: all core systems, whether in the area of car sharing, car rental, ride hailing and much more, are developed and operated by SIXT itself. Our technical scope ranges from cloud and on-site operations through agile software development. We rely on state-of-the-art frameworks and architectures and strive for a long-term technical approach. Exciting? Then apply now!
We are a leading global mobility service provider with sales of €1.53 billion and around 7,000 employees worldwide. Our mobility platform ONE combines our products SIXT rent (car rental), SIXT share (car sharing), SIXT ride (cab, driver and chauffeur services), SIXT+ (car subscription) and gives our customers access to our fleet of 205,400 vehicles, the services of 1,500 cooperation partners and around 1.5 million drivers worldwide. Together with our franchise partners, we are present in more than 110 countries at 2,070 rental stations. At SIXT, a first-class customer experience and outstanding customer service are our top priorities. We focus on true entrepreneurship and long-term stability and align our corporate strategy with foresight. Want to take off with us and revolutionize the world of mobility? Apply now!