The Claims Assistant Manager will oversee technical and operational functions including compliance with company standards to ensure consistent delivery of quality services; to suggest improvements to processes; to oversee staffing and training needs; to handle and resolve escalated disputed claims; and work closely with the Head of the Department.
What you will do to be Sixt-cessful:
- Hire, develop, and manage a team of 10+ employees, including 2+ supervisors
- Ensures claims management policies and procedures are followed to assure meeting, operational, financial, and service standards.
- Implementation and Regulation of performance objectives and performance metrics to both support and meet department goals.
- Host a team meeting monthly to discuss department changes, procedural updates, struggles, etc.
- Meet with agents/supervisors individually each month to discuss quality checks/reviews, progress, and provide coaching/feedback.
- Recognizing and cultivating staff that consistently demonstrate appropriate technical expertise, maturity and a professional commitment to excellence and customer service.
- Exhibit strong team building skills through goal setting, and motivation.
- Handle and resolve escalated renter disputes of damage responsibility.
- Investigate and analyze information, identify responsible parties, evaluate damages, and negotiate settlements for property damage.
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties and delegated tasks.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years' managerial experience.
- Must have good supervisory and strong communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work under stressful and unusual situations in order to maintain good customer service.
- Excellent work ethic; willing to take on multiple tasks.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in Data Processing, Controlling, Customer Service preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office software Word and Excel.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Likely to require at least 5-10% travel, some of which may be by airplane.
- Proficiency in English.
- Ability to communicate in other languages (French, Portuguese, Spanish, German, etc.) is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About the department:
Listening to our customers - nothing is more important to us. We are always available if there are questions, requests, or problems. Whether by phone, email, online chat, or social media, whether in German or English: we are only satisfied when our customers are satisfied.
We are a leading global mobility service provider with sales of €1.53 billion and around 7,000 employees worldwide. Our mobility platform ONE combines our products SIXT rent (car rental), SIXT share (car sharing), SIXT ride (cab, driver and chauffeur services), SIXT+ (car subscription) and gives our customers access to our fleet of 205,400 vehicles, the services of 1,500 cooperation partners and around 1.5 million drivers worldwide. Together with our franchise partners, we are present in more than 110 countries at 2,070 rental stations. At SIXT, a first-class customer experience and outstanding customer service are our top priorities. We focus on true entrepreneurship and long-term stability and align our corporate strategy with foresight. Want to take off with us and revolutionize the world of mobility? Apply now!