The Technical Support Specialist is the primary point of contact within the company for strategic guidance, technical solutions and problem resolution. This position provides onsite and remote support to our internal clients who have critical response time requirements for their business technology systems.
The Tech Support Specialist II would need to have strong basic help desk skills which serves as an escalation point for the Tier 1 Help Desk to resolve complex issues. This position requires providing the premium level support with quick and clear responses to our customers.
Technical Support Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to computer hardware and software systems.
- Responsible for resolving all ITSD Tickets that are assigned to them.
- Responsible for providing support to Tier 1 level techs and any escalations.
- Responsible for maintaining an SLA of 2 business days on all tickets for the business.
- Responsible for providing end user equipment replacement recommendations.
- Maintains system functionality by testing computer components.
- Provides customer facing issues and feedback to the IT Ops Manager.
- Consults with users to determine appropriate hardware and software needs and assists in placing orders.
- Maximizes computer systems capabilities by studying technical applications and making recommendations.
- Tests compatibility of new programs with existing ones and provides updates to IT Ops Manager.
- Gathers data to identify and evaluate technical purchasing options.
- Confirms program objectives and specifications by testing new programs, comparing them with established standards, and making modifications.
- Evaluates vendor-supplied software by studying user objectives and testing software compatibility with existing hardware and programs.
- Installs software and necessary applications for workflow.
- Trains users on new software in person or through a variety of tutorial channels, including self-guided training videos, user manuals, and digital instruction pages, often in collaboration with technical writers.
- Maintains system capability by testing computer components.
- Carries out software, network, and database performance tuning.
- Documents hardware and software updates.
- Keeps up to date on technical advancements by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies.
- Prepares reference material for users by drafting operation instructions
- Responsible for updating the IT Knowledge base directory with new help items for troubleshooting
- Identifies reoccurring issues and submits to the IT Ops Manager
- Responsible for alerting IT Ops Manager of Major Incidents and Outages
Technical Support Specialist Qualifications/Skills:
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to communicate technical information in an accessible manner to non-technical employees.
- A process improvement mindset.
- Software maintenance and testing capability.
- Vendor relations.
- Basic knowledge of networking principles and operating systems.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Customer-service focus.
- Collaborative mindset.
- Hands-on problem-solving ability.
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
- Associate’s degree or above in computer science, information systems, or related field
- Prior experience working on a Helpdesk, in IT, or similar technical function
- Experience working in ITIL driven ITSD
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About the department:
Our managers are experts in their field, in high demand, involved in many projects, and have to bear responsibility for their team. This requires support for appointments, calendar supervision, communication, administrative work, and many daily tasks. In our assistant positions, cleverness and thinking outside the box are required, many topics, even confidential ones, end up on the desk and the network to many departments and colleagues makes cooperation much easier. Keeping your eyes on content-related topics and making the daily business work is your prio challenge here. But there are nice colleagues in the team who can support you in this and might have some advice or lead for certain difficulties.
We are a leading global mobility service provider with sales of €1.53 billion and around 7,000 employees worldwide. Our mobility platform ONE combines our products SIXT rent (car rental), SIXT share (car sharing), SIXT ride (cab, driver and chauffeur services), SIXT+ (car subscription) and gives our customers access to our fleet of 205,400 vehicles, the services of 1,500 cooperation partners and around 1.5 million drivers worldwide. Together with our franchise partners, we are present in more than 110 countries at 2,070 rental stations. At SIXT, a first-class customer experience and outstanding customer service are our top priorities. We focus on true entrepreneurship and long-term stability and align our corporate strategy with foresight. Want to take off with us and revolutionize the world of mobility? Apply now!