The Project Manager, Corporate Development will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and completion of diverse projects that focus on enhancements to Sixt’s strategy, productivity, performance, and long-term profitability. This position is part of a highly visible team within the company that requires confident leadership and an entrepreneurial-minded individual comfortable with interacting with senior level stakeholders.
You will report to the Sr. Director of Corporate Development & PMO and work closely with the VP of Strategic Finance.
• Responsible for creating project plans, managing projects, and delivering expected financial results
• Keep project budget and timeline on track by anticipating challenges and adapting plans accordingly. Ensure common understanding of progress and priorities with Senior Management
• Work in close cooperation with both internal and external stakeholders
• Coordinate across departments (US and international) and maintain continued progress toward project milestones
• Compile project related data from different data sources, develop and produce recurring and other ad hoc reports as needed
• Prepare documentation of project implementations/process improvements
• Coordinate the delivery of strategic initiatives with Sr. Director of Corporate Development & PMO and work closely with the VP of Strategic Finance.
• Perform other job- related duties and special projects as requested
• Independence: must fully own aera of responsibility and independently work on assigned tasks and projects
• Strong interpersonal skills—the individual remains open to new ideas and exhibits high willingness to cooperate in an international organization
• High adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
• Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
• High dependability—the individual is reliable, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Excellent communication skills: ability to present complex assessments in a consolidated, structured format to Sr. Leadership and other stakeholders
• Strong analytical skills and numerical thinking with strong data interpretation capabilities
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or STEM (Master’s/ MBA preferred)
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in Consulting, Corporate Development, or Project Management.
• High proficiency in all Microsoft Office 365 applications (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
• Experience with Oracle SQL, Jira, Confluence or other project management tools is a plus
• Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
About the department:
The area of corporate development combines the internal consulting units of the SIXT Group. The range of tasks includes first, projects to develop new business and products, growth initiatives in existing businesses, and M&A projects. Second, corporate development works on the continuous optimisation of business processes, increasing productivity and cost effectiveness, as well as expanding the product landscape in all divisions of SIXT.
We are a leading global mobility service provider with sales of €3.07 billion and around 7,500 employees worldwide. Our mobility platform ONE combines our products SIXT rent (car rental), SIXT share (car sharing), SIXT ride (cab, driver and chauffeur services), SIXT+ (car subscription) and gives our customers access to our fleet of 270,894 vehicles, the services of 1,500 cooperation partners and around 1.5 million drivers worldwide. Together with our franchise partners, we are present in more than 110 countries at 2,098 rental stations. At SIXT, a first-class customer experience and outstanding customer service are our top priorities. We focus on true entrepreneurship and long-term stability and align our corporate strategy with foresight. Want to take off with us and revolutionize the world of mobility? Apply now!