The Vice President of Accounting and Tax, reporting directly to the CEO, oversees all accounting and tax functions. He/she will create functional strategies and objectives; and develop policies and procedures to support the organization.
- Oversee all general accounting functions, including payables and receivables and tax preparation and ensure adherence to generally accepted accounting practices.
- Ensure the integrity and financial accuracy of our books and records.
- Manage the development and maintenance of documentation for accounting procedures.
- Streamline and simplify existing accounts payable and accounts receivable processes and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies/procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, and regulatory requirements.
- Analyze financial, marketing, and operational data, and make recommendations to establish strategic benchmarks and goals.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
- Responsible for filing tax statements on time, ensuring compliance with legal requirements.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Develop and mentor leadership and oversee the process of promotions.
- Maintain a trusted and collaborative relationship with senior management and executives.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
- Serve as primary government liaison relative to financial issues.
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Represent the company externally to government agencies and auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master of Finance, Accounting or Business preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position, and a CPA required.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, debt management, municipal and commercial finance requirements, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to lead and execute business initiatives and provide tactical planning.
- Solid reasoning ability and analytical skills, including organization/administration skills.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures, and experience evaluating management processes and implementing improvements.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Ability to adapt information, evaluate facts, determine alternative solutions to problems, and to reach and communicate sound management and business decisions.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Proficiency in English, and the ability to communicate in other languages (German, Spanish, etc.) is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About the department:
SIXT's rapid and profitable growth is based on solid business management, resilient planning and efficient management of the Group's governance and compliance structure. The finance department, including governance, compliance and risk management, contributes significantly to this success and offers a wide range of exciting topics: from accounting to planning and coordination tasks, risk management and controlling, to consulting services, with the aim of optimising internal business processes. Furthermore, the Internal Audit, which combines assurance and consulting, plays an important role to optimise the effectiveness of the divisions.
We are a leading global mobility service provider with sales of €1.53 billion and around 7,000 employees worldwide. Our mobility platform ONE combines our products SIXT rent (car rental), SIXT share (car sharing), SIXT ride (cab, driver and chauffeur services), SIXT+ (car subscription) and gives our customers access to our fleet of 205,400 vehicles, the services of 1,500 cooperation partners and around 1.5 million drivers worldwide. Together with our franchise partners, we are present in more than 110 countries at 2,070 rental stations. At SIXT, a first-class customer experience and outstanding customer service are our top priorities. We focus on true entrepreneurship and long-term stability and align our corporate strategy with foresight. Want to take off with us and revolutionize the world of mobility? Apply now!