- Meet or exceed goals for out-of-service percentage, infleet and defleet processing times, as well as repair and maintenance cost.
- Manage 4-6 Repair Managers and their teams at regional rental locations. The Repair Managers and their teams are in charge of
- infleet (new vehicle acceptance, PDI, installation of tags etc.),
- defleet (inspection, reconditioning, plate removal and movement of vehicles to marshalling centers or auctions), as well as
- repair & maintenance (estimate writing, quality checks for repair work, maintenance vendor management).
- Oversee and monitor subordinates as well as vendors to ensure that the fleet is maintained in accordance with established standards, within acceptable timeframes and in a cost-efficient manner.
- Evaluates accident repair cases and makes repair or rent decisions for region
- Responsible for the associate development of all teams
- Senior leader and serves as the subject matter expert in area for all fleet & repair decisions
- Holds branch & repair locations to Sixt repair guidelines and standards
- Challenges both local repair center managers and centralized teams at headquarters on escalated part requests and delayed repairs
- Approves cases less than $1,800
- Travels to airport locations within network for coverage and development of teams as required by business needs
- Heavily involved with follow up in Shark. Challenges team on delayed repairs and poor documented communication
- Make certain teams are working with SMART action plans to achieve results. Review updates on weekly repair & maintenance calls
- Keep Area Director and Head of Fleet Operations apprised of relevant performance indicators on a regular basis and ensure effective collaboration between Fleet team and Operations teams at the branches as well as various departments at Sixt’s headquarters.
- Provide reports and create presentations as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Experience in fleet maintenance.
- ASE certification and/or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with writing repair estimates a plus
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of vehicle maintenance, collision repair, systems, components and design.
- Must possess excellent communication, coaching, and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence and make decisions by applying independent judgment.
- Competency in various computer applications systems including Microsoft Office.
- Likely to require at least 20% travel, some of which may be by airplane
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including day and/or evening hours.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
This role will over see our Central US Region including but not limited to: Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Illinois, Minnesota.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About the department:
As a mobility service provider, our Branches & Operations division is the point of contact with our customers: whether by phone, app or directly in our SIXT branches. This means: premium service directly to the customer, advice and sales in exchange and responsibility for the rental process of our premium fleet. As part of a team, it is easier to explain our products, find the best solution for the customer and manage the day-to-day business.
We are a leading global mobility service provider with sales of €1.53 billion and around 7,000 employees worldwide. Our mobility platform ONE combines our products SIXT rent (car rental), SIXT share (car sharing), SIXT ride (cab, driver and chauffeur services), SIXT+ (car subscription) and gives our customers access to our fleet of 205,400 vehicles, the services of 1,500 cooperation partners and around 1.5 million drivers worldwide. Together with our franchise partners, we are present in more than 110 countries at 2,070 rental stations. At SIXT, a first-class customer experience and outstanding customer service are our top priorities. We focus on true entrepreneurship and long-term stability and align our corporate strategy with foresight. Want to take off with us and revolutionize the world of mobility? Apply now!