Executive Director People Management
The Executive Director provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the organizations HR operations. The person is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Accountability for all activities of the human resources department. Provides overall leadership and guidance to HR functions by overseeing HR administration, talent acquisition, payroll, HRIS for the US, compensation, benefits, and employee relations
- Leads long-range strategic people planning in order to anticipate the innovation of change initiatives that promotes people productivity, organizational efficiency, and cost effectiveness
- Ensures that the organizational design is reflective of a dynamic business environment and up-to-date modes of working in an increasingly competitive market
- Aligns with Global People Management on strategic and overarching projects, standards, initiatives and people plans
- Ensures compliance with all applicable HR laws, rules, regulations, and standards
- Leads the HR department in the analysis and evaluation of employee performance, identification of gaps, and creation of strategies from those analyses to cultivate talent and improve performance at all levels of the business
- Develops comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans that meet human capital needs. Develops and implements comprehensive compensation and benefit strategies that are market competitive and cost effective
- Functions as the strategic business partner to the Executive Leadership Team and departmental heads in regard to key business and management issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field, required. Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years working in Human Resources; at least 5 in a leadership position, preferingly Business Partner or in leading a team covering most parts of the employee lifecycle
- SPHR, SHRM-SCP preferred
- Superlative communication & interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate as a leader
- Strong business acumen, knowledge of relevant labour related regulations/laws and ability to relate that to internal evaluation of HR programs to business goals and objectives
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Human Resource Information Systems
- Strong project management skills including the ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly, and communicate clearly
Why Choose Sixt?
Sixt Rent a Car stands for exciting mobility and customer tailored solutions. We lead with innovation, high-quality customer service, premium products and a seamless rental experience. With nearly $3 billion in revenue and a presence in over 100 countries worldwide, it is no wonder we are a global leader in the car rental industry. In the USA, we are experiencing over 30% growth for the last several years, which provides great career opportunities in the future for the right candidates. Sixt hires with a focus on service-oriented, entrepreneurial team players, who are excited about interacting with customers and colleagues from all over the world. Sixt is more than just renting cars. We have a passion for style, technology, innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
Your HR contact person
THE SIXT WORLD
Learn more about Sixt. Visit about.sixt.com.