Engineering Manager (m/f/d)
SIXT is a leading mobility provider offering premium service in over 100 countries. Since the beginning technology has been an integral part of our business. Our Engineers are responsible for designing, building and running the applications making up the core of our mobility ecosystem. They are versatile technologists who have a lot of experience up and down the stack and are comfortable tuning the Linux kernel, automating cloud infrastructure, writing resilient and high-performance code or scaling large distributed systems. Premium service and customer excitement are core values of our business and this touches every fabric of our technology stack too. The ONE team at SIXT is responsible for creating some of our next-generation mobility products by leveraging cutting edge technology and aiming for unmatched customer experience. Your job is to manage and grow a team of highly-skilled individuals and support them in meeting our organisational goals. You will hire great engineers who complement the existing team/skills. Although you are an excellent manager, you also have strong hands-on experience and can understand the challenges the team is facing day to day.
DO WHAT YOU LOVE:
- You will lead a team of smart engineers on a mission of constant development, enabling them to meet their personal and organisational goals.
- You evangelise modern engineering practices and empower engineers to make technical decisions: engineering manager != tech lead.
- You will work with Product Owners and Agile Coaches to create a high-performance team and improve internal and external collaboration
- You can work with ambiguous requirements and take smart risks.
- You manage On-Call rotations and engage with stakeholders supporting the team to provide adequate service SLA.
COME AS YOU ARE:
- You have built and managed engineering teams?
- You have strong engineering experience in either C++, Golang or Java?
- You love supporting other people’s development and at the same time you manage to keep yourself up to date with the latest engineering trends?
- You have been responsible for consumer-facing platforms or applications?
- You have BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience?
In addition to the obligatory table football, driving simulators, and ping-pong table, our two dedicated Feel Good Managers focus on the wellbeing of our SIXT Tech colleagues. Amongst other things they will support you with your relocation, finding accommodation, visa issues and help you to organize team events, Meetups, and Townhalls. Our offices have different sizes, you will definitely find something according to your preferences. We follow no dress code. As a member of the SIXT-Family, you get attractive car rental and leasing offers as well as access to our large employee benefit portal where you find attractive offers for traveling, shopping and more. During breakfast, lunch, and dinner our high-quality restaurant offers daily changing meat, fish and vegetarian dishes, as well as a salad bar and freshly-baked pizza. Our coffee lounge for meeting and relaxing is opened the whole day. COME AS YOU ARE and DO WHAT YOU LOVE: Join our 300 IT colleagues and apply now (in English or German preferred)!
Jouw HR Contactpersoon
THE SIXT WORLD
Voor meer informatie over Sixt, zie about.sixt.com.