Engineering Manager - Backend
Are you interested to work in a young and dynamic environment which has the backing of a large company? Are you looking for the opportunity to chip in your own ideas and help craft the development of a modern technology stack? Then we have the right career for you! We are already available in over 105 countries around the world and are planning to continue our rapid growth. Do you want to be a part of this success story and help us accelerate our expansion? Apply to be part of our team!
What you’ll do? – Perform as smoothly as our cars:
- Provide technical leadership to major initiatives. Review platform architecture/design and work with engineers to drive business value.
- Ensure great chemistry among product, engineering and business. Contribute to product and build the right synergies between business and engineering.
- Build and manage a high-performance team of engineers. Drive the team to achieve meet/exceed goals identified for the team.
- Guide and mentor the team members. Act as a coach and focus on growth plan for team members.
- Encourage and reward bottom-up innovation. Catalyze and create space for people to innovate.
- Have a crisp view on long term architecture and technology stack selection. Guide the team on technology decision making and day to day problem solving.
- Own end to end definition and execution of SDLC. Estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment.
- Own the team's output and deliverables in terms of timelines and quality.
- Work amidst flux, perform well in uncertainties in a rapidly evolving organization.
- Create culture of high ownership & responsiveness for production support.
What do you need to succeed? – Your willingness to accelerate
- Bachelor's/master’s Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline.
- 8+ years relevant work experience in software engineering and 2+ years managing small to medium sized teams of at least 8 or more members in past.
- Experience in working with microservices, container orchestration. Knowledge of RabbitMQ and Kafka will be a big plus.
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade distributed application using Java/J2EE or other similar technologies.
- Experience in building high traffic backend services for external customer facing web applications.
- Comfortable with Agile development and Scrum process.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; ability to produce clear, concise communications and documentation.
- Highly effective at working in cross-functional and cross-geographical organizations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with diverse cultures.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and adapt to changes.
Why Choose Sixt?
We have a great and versatile job for you! We offer you great degrees of freedom as well as international career development opportunities! We always strive to work in a very dynamic working environment. SIXT is an equal opportunity employer.
Jouw HR Contactpersoon
THE SIXT WORLD
Voor meer informatie over Sixt, zie about.sixt.com.